- Dec 06 Grantee press release: Georgia Health Policy Center Conducting Study to Inform Housing Tax Credit Allocations GHPC will conduct a community development health impact assessment to optimize the impact of housing tax credit investments on the health of families and neighborhoods in Georgia.
- Nov 18 Funding available to a state or territorial health agency to conduct a health impact assessment The Association of State and Territorial Health Officials will fund and support one state or territorial health agency to build capacity for conducting an HIA through a hands-on, project-oriented approach.
- Nov 12 NACCHO Selects HIA Mentorship Program Winners The National Association of County and City Health Officials’ Health Impact Assessment, or HIA, Mentorship Project is part of an effort to increase the use of HIAs among local health departments.
- Nov 06 NACCHO Releases Request for HIA Applications Funding will be available to help two or three local health departments complete a health impact assessment, or HIA, related to a transportation, land-use planning, or housing project, plan, or proposal between January and June 2014.
- Nov 01 Health Impact Assessments to Be Presented at American Public Health Association Annual Meeting Health impact assessments, or HIAs, are increasingly being used as tools to bring public health into decisions. The American Public Health Association annual meeting this year in Boston will include 30 presentations on HIAs.
HIA supports healthier communities by helping policy makers see and address the impacts on human health when considering decisions in other areas, like transportation, agriculture and energy. more »