- May 11 Duluth News Tribune: Gary-New Duluth to get health impact assessment Gary-New Duluth will be the second Duluth site to get a health impact assessment, the city announced on Friday.
- Apr 26 Newsworks and WHYY: Could better transit and parks make for healthier workers? Health impact assessments (HIAs) are behind an emerging idea that public transportation — or even a state park — can be part of a prescription for good health. (by Taunya English)
- Apr 17 MinnPost: School integration's health impacts are significant and lifelong, study finds School integration in Minnesota is closely tied to individuals’ lifelong health on several levels, according to a study released Monday by a coalition of Twin Cities congregations. (By Beth Hawkins)
- Apr 17 Herald Online (CT): Rapid Health Impact Assessment (HIA) Identifies Steps for Weatherization Plus Health in Connecticut A newly released rapid HIA offers an evidence-based set of recommendations to guide state officials as they decide how best to invest federal, state, and utility ratepayer funds to boost energy efficiency and health.
- Apr 16 Daily Herald (IL): Kane County may move toward locally grown produce to improve health Kane County fell from eighth to 12th place in the latest county health rankings, but officials are already planning for a surge back up the charts. (By James Fuller)
HIA supports healthier communities by helping policy makers see and address the impacts on human health when considering decisions in other areas, like transportation, agriculture and energy. more »